Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sleep, PLEEEZE!

And just like that, it's 11PM! I need sleep! 

This back to school stuff takes some getting used to! I'd so rather still be on vacation!
Kids in Chicago on Vacation
After taking my son to an emergency dental visit (he broke a bracket on his braces), I rushed off to school. My first class was Food & Society. Last semester I had a graduate course, Advanced Nutrition Counseling Diverse Populations - so, before today, I thought it was going to cover the same material - but after the professor went through the syllabus - I was relieved - it doesn't seem similar at all. I know I'm going to like this class because the professor already expressed her hatred of High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) and Monsanto!

My second class was Advanced Nutrition. I know I will like this class, too because it is all about the biochemistry and metabolism of the nutrients we eat. It's just that today, you know that hard plastic thing you put your notebook on...yeah, yeah, the desk ... well, it was calling to my head, "Rest here, honey, don't listen to that person speaking at the front of the class! Sleep, sleep, sleep!"

Is that drool?

I don't know how, but I managed to stay awake through class, go food shopping, run 5miles and go to the gym to work on back, abs and bi's, come home, cook dinner - which was "plant based", a new word I learned today - clean dishes, do a load of laundry and watch a TIVOed episode of "The Jersey Shore".


The Jersey Shore kids crack me up! Drama to the nines! 
I'll admit Pauly D is my faves. He's too funny!
Nooo...not his hair ...his jokes!

But for now, Sleep...PLEEZE.
Train Smart Today!
Post a Comment