- Welcome the challenge, girl! Welcome it!
- Feet do your stuff!
- Heart do your stuff!
- Lungs - DO YOUR STUFF!
- You are half way through with all your sets!
- Count to ten and back again for every 100meters.
- Coach thinks you can, so you can!
- This is for the next half marathon - for those 20 year olds, that casually passed you while conversing with each other - they will not stand a chance of passing you, just keep training!
- This is for you John...I will Never Forget!
- You are two-thirds of the way through with all your sets!
- This is to show your children that working hard is how you reach your goals in life.
- You can do this, you can do this, you can do this - yes you can!
- You did it, you did it, you did it!
For some reason, today's workout was very hard - so much so that I thought I was going to cry, about half way through. I just wanted to quit.
I wondered, "Is this how people, who are new to running, feel after about 1 mile?" Are new runners so overwhelmed with the pace, the physical strain or the mental games played - they just want to stop running? I hope not.
For every person out there - just starting to run or just starting some kind of exercise program - give yourself a pat on the back! If any negative thoughts come into your head - squash 'em with two positive put-ups! You can do this! Get out there and be active!
I can't help but think when we sing our Nation Anthem and we get to the part: "and the home of the brave" - who are the brave? Tell me, who are the brave?
|Brave People from Tuesday's Children, Supporting 9/11 Families,|
Especially, My Little Red Head
Are we people that stop after 1mile? Are we people that give up in the middle of a track work out? Are we people who say, "I can't?"