Thursday, September 8, 2011

School Started!

Well, it's official, school started today... for me! 


Today, I had my Meal Planning & Design Class. I am so excited for this class - we plan meals for special populations suffering from specific illnesses - like diabetes (DM), cardiovascular disease (CVD), renal disease (RD) and gastrointestinal disease (GI). Since my sissy and I have both been diagnosed with Crohn's disease, I can't wait to learn about meal plans for GI patients.

In the meanwhile - there are only lines, lines and more lines in these parts of Jersey - and the bookstore was no exception:
Long line at bookstore!
Good thing I had a great run in the morning - I had that runner's "Mellow" buzz going all day. Running is prozac in a sneaker!

Anyway, today, my workout with Coach, was a moderately difficult one.
For starters, I warmed up 3miles. Usually I warm-up 2miles but since I didn't squeeze my run in yesterday, I tagged on one extra mile to my warm-up. I added some extra miles to my cool down too. usually I cool down 1mile, but today, I ran a 4miles cool-down.

After my warm-up, coach gave me my track homework: I had to run several sets, the first was 5minutes, the next set was 4 minutes and so on to a 1minute set. Although the time went down, my pace increased. Between sets, I walked/recovered for 2 minutes.

After my cool down, I did some plyometrics  - like the football players do - karaoke, running backwards, skipping, skips with leaps and side shuffles.

It was a great way to start my first day of my Fall 2010 Classes.
Train Smart Today!
Post a Comment