Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ONE HUNDRED YEARS OLD!

Fauja Singh is Incredible! 
Congratulations, Fauja Singh!
He now holds the Guinness World Record for being the oldest person to finish a full (26.2miles) marathon in Toronto, Canada this past Sunday! 

It took Mr. Singh eight hours to complete this marathon ...WOW! 
I will be happy just to be able to stand for 8 hours when/if I make it to 100! 

What he said was also so incredible: He said that he was overjoyed - and that finishing this marathon was like getting married again! Awwww, how great is that?

Talk about inspirational - this was Mr. Singh's 8th marathon - but get this - his first was at age 89! There is hope for me, yet! Maybe after 50 Halves in every state - I will go on to 50 full marathons in every state! ... AMEN!

The best part - he has more goals: He hopes he can participate in the torch relay for the 2012 London Games!

Well,  Mr. Fauja Singh, I hope I get to see you carry that torch! 
You are an amazing person and an inspirational role model for runners of all ages!
Keep up the great work and
TRAIN SMART TODAY!
Post a Comment