Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Track Workout

It was cold and damp on the track today. It's the kind of weather that makes you feel  more tired than you actually are. The leaves are quickly dropping here and it seems that winter is coming our way.

It was hard to get out of bed this morning! This semester has been exhausting! I am looking forward to wrapping up this semester! 13 credits is a lot for me to juggle!

So, today on the track, I did a ladder. First, I warmed up about 1.3miles, which was a slow go! Then, I did 6-100m strides, at about 20seconds each. Then I had to run 100m @6:20pace, 200m @6:30pace, 300m @6:38 pace and 400m @6:56pace. It was tough - I must have trained too hard at the gym this week. I felt a little nauseous pushing myself to make those times. It felt good to run the 1.5mile warm down and stretch.

Tonight, I am definitely going to take it easy and use the foam roller, drink some tart cherry juice shots and try (the key here is TRY) to get to bed before 11PM!

TRAIN SMART TODAY!
Post a Comment