Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Rocked It ...on a treadmill!

Yesterday, it was 13*F. That is way too cold for me. I didn't run yesterday, I went to the gym and worked on shoulders, triceps and core.

Favorite Shoulder Free Weight Exercise
One arm shoulder press
Works best when you keep your shoulder protracted
Favorite Triceps Exercise
Tricep Pushdowns.
Go slow back to start - Such a great eccentric work out.
Favorite Core Routine
Okay - I'd be lying if I said had a favorite core routine. 
Fact is any type of core exercise is my favorite:
Hyperextensions on a stability ball.
Planks, Bridges, Side-bridges. Crunches, Sit-ups. 
Yadayadayada.....you name it, I Love It!
I've been found out!
After having a chill in me all day yesterday, I refused to run outside today. And, now don't think I'm getting weird, but I was actually psyched to do a tempo run on the treadmill.  


I read an article in Runner's World November Issue about how tempo runs are made for the treadmill. So, first I warmed up 1mile, then ran 1.5miles, 15 seconds slower than my 1/2 marathon pace. I jogged 2minutes and ran another 1.5miles, at my 1/2 marathon pace. Jogged another 2minutes and ran one more 1.5miles, this time 15seconds faster than my 1/2 marathon pace. I finished with a 1mile cool down. It was the best treadmill work out ever!

Yes, you treadmill haters (it's the pot calling the kettle black, here), 
I rocked it ...on a treadmill!
TRAIN SMART TODAY!





Post a Comment