Monday, March 19, 2012

Sneaker Factory 10K Female Bobble Head

After the race yesterday, runners were instructed to go into town to the Sneaker Factory store for post race fun, food and awards. Even though I didn't run my ideal 7'15"/mile pace, I still placed 1st in my age group, and I wanted my award. I thought it was going to be some kind of medal - not very thrilling - but if I earned it, I wanted it!

When the runners started to get to the store, we were told that we had to wait for the all the runners to finish. After everyone finished, the van would come with the results. Someone told me, "Relax, grab a sandwich and browse" (echem, buy somethin').

There were two tables in front of the store. One was filled with the most beautiful 6'subs that I have ever seen. I'm not one for salty deli meat, but these sandwiches were gorgeous. I was in luck - they had tuna! It was like they were ready for an oddball like me! Wow.
Thank you Sneaker Factory, you really outdid yourselves! 

I grabbed a tuna and perused towards the other table, which was adorned with the awards....That's when I saw her. She was beautiful. I had to have her! I circled the table where she sat. I heard the ZZ Top song playing in my head ...'She's got legs, she knows how to use them. She never begs, she knows how to choose them....Oh, I want her! Sh*t, I got to have her. The girl is alright, she is alright!'

I started to get upset. Darn, if only I ran faster! She would be mine! I circled the table. Wait, what's in that box? There were more. I think I may get to have her! I started to reason in my head ..."I placed. I didn't run as fast as I wanted to, but I placed. Okay, girl, calm down. Don't get too crazy. Don't let on how much you want that Female Runner Bobble Head! These people will think your nuts, uh, you mean, half-crazed. Your brother is nuts, remember?"

Isn't she adorable?
There she stood. Each time I looked over towards the table, my heart leapt a little. I couldn't wait for the van to get there. I wanted my very own Female Bobble Head Runner!

I finished my sandwich, grabbed a water and browsed the Sneaker Factory store. It's a good thing I left my wallet in the car. I loved every neon shirt, hat and jacket. I even felt phantom pains that would justify me buying mini-foam rollers, compression clothing and something I have never seen before, injury tape. Interesting.

I met the most adorable young lady, Nickie, who at 14years old, loves to run and placed 2nd in her age group in this 10K race! Congratulations, Nickie! Keep running, girl!

Then, finally, they announced that they would be giving out the awards. I was obsessed. All I kept thinking was, "I want that bobble head, I want that bobble head, I want that bobble head!"

They started announcing the winners and I confided in the person next to me, "I really want one of those bobble head trophies." She told me that she didn't think they had enough to give out to everyone, but she knew someone who placed that wasn't there to collect, so if I wanted to go up as that person ..." What? Not enough bobbles? What the heck? The tuna in my stomach started swimming! I smiled at her, thought about what she said, and responded, "I don't think I'd pass for 20."

I was nervous, would they have enough bobbles to make it to the 40-49 age class? Finally, they announced my age class. Bobble to the third place winner, bobble to the second place winner and bobble to the ..."That's me! That's my bobble! Oh, my goodness, I got a bobble! I am so happy! Thank you so much! Thank you, really, thank you!"

I was so excited. I jumped up and down a few times and then tried to calm myself down. I didn't want to steal anyone else's thunder and excitement over winning their very own bobble. I couldn't wait to show her off and share her with my family!

I am so pleased to say that I have a new addition to my shelf that is above my desk. Positioned just so I can lean back, ever so slightly, and glimpse 'till my heart content, is my Sneaker Factory10K Female Bobble Head.
"Train Smart Today!"
Aaaah, a girl after my own heart ...
TRAIN SMART TODAY!
Post a Comment