Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday at the track

Today's track workout was totally straight forward. I ran a 1.3mile warm-up and only had to do four 100 meter strides.

"Huh? Why? I always do six?"

Coach explained only four strides because today, I was going to train for a total of four miles. No special workout names today, just a straight forward workout. I ran three sets of 1600meters at a 6':50" - 7min pace, with a 400meter recovery run between sets.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. Tonight, my legs are a bit heavy and sore, but at the track, I felt pretty good.
I hope, this year, 
I can run a twenty-one minute 5K. 
I just have to link all the sets together ...without getting tired!
A twenty-one minute 5K, Aaah ...a piece of cake!
I was off for a nice little 1.25mile recovery run, which I topped off with plyometrics and some stretching.

Today was a good day. And even though I felt pretty good leaving the track, when I got home, I felt even better, 'cause this is what I saw on my front lawn:



I love these crocuses. Each year they greet me to tell me:
"Get ready Half-Crazed ...Spring is just around the corner!"
TRAIN SMART TODAY!
Post a Comment