Friday, August 31, 2012

Wednesday was Thursday at the Track: Half Marathon Recovery Work Out

I felt really strong during my track work out this week. It was probably due to the cooler weather we've been having here in Jersey.

This past Thursday,  I started out with a 2.25mile warm-up at a good 8min/mile pace and went into four sets of 100meter strides, which I completed in about 19 & 20 seconds.

Woohoo!
Next, Coach planned a Half Marathon Recovery Work Out:
Eight sets of 400meters with a minute rest between sets. 
Goal Time: 1min45secs.

I felt so good, I couldn't do them any slower than 1min35secs each. Coach threatened, after the first few, that he would reduce my recovery time if I didn't slow up. I figured, if I didn't slow up, and he reduced my recovery time, I would probably get tired and slow-up. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Anyway, I made it through my Half Marathon Recovery Work Out wondering, 'if I could only keep this time up for 20minutes, I would beat my PR for the 5K and reach my ever-loving goal to run a 5K in less than 21minutes' ...I think I'll have to keep dreaming.

I finished my track work out with a mile(+) cool down, stretches and a little massage with the foam roller.
I love my foam roller!
After Thursday's workout, I'm excited to plan my next half. 
If only it weren't for my crazy school schedule! Ugh! I've been trying to rearrange my school schedule, to fit in my two internships, kids, the house, training, half marathons and, oh yeah, life, but I've had no luck.
At least my Jack is getting ready for me
to continue my RD studies this Fall:
You can teach an old dog new tricks, I swear!
TRAIN SMART TODAY!
Post a Comment