Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday at the track: Exhausting!

I'm exhausted!
Today, I did a very short work out, but it was very intense! I want to kick back, not worry about any chores, like dinner, laundry or my medical nutrition therapy (MNT) readings.

I started out running a 2mile warm-up. I took my time, but it didn't matter, I was drenched by the time the warm-up was over. It's been raining a lot due to Hurricane Isaac and even though I didn't get caught in the rain this morning, it felt like I did because it was super humid!

I met up with my Coach, who gave me four strides. I didn't question him, but I thought, 'Hmm. He's going easy on me, only four strides? Heck, it's so stifling out, keep quiet, Half-Crazed, and just run!'
And so, 
POW!
I was on those strides.
Two in 20seconds and two in 19seconds!
Twice as long as those olympians, but I was on it!

Then, came my drills for the day and ooooh, my poor unsuspecting little soul. I had to run this:
I ran strides, diagonally across the football/soccer field. When I reached the corner, I jogged up along the end zone/goal line to the next corner to stride another diagonal. This continued for 7minutes. After the 7minutes, I rested for three minutes - it was lush, but as soon as I caught my breath, the torture started again. I repeated the stride/jog sets for five minutes, got a 2minute break, then repeated it again for three minutes with a 1minute break and then did the final set for just one minute.

It doesn't sound like much, but I'm sore. I climbed 4 flights of stairs to get to my MNT class today and my legs felt very heavy! Then, after sitting in class, going down those stairs wasn't much easier!

I really think the beet juice I drank yesterday helped with my speed and endurance. My average stride pace was 6:10minute/mile. And if it weren't so humid out, it probably wouldn't have felt so torturous.

For the rest of the day, I'm going to concentrate on consuming a little more protein to help with muscle recovery, make sure I take my Omega-3's to help reduce the inflammation in my legs and stare at some feel good vacation photo's for some uplifting and motivation to continue on with those chores.
Mini-man, Girlfriend and me.
Bryce Canyon Mule Ride
Still can't get over how my kids coerced me to ride a mule down Bryce Canyon in Utah. Now that school has started, I'm channelling those same efforts to get them to do their homework! Wish me luck
and
TRAIN SMART TODAY!
Post a Comment