Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday at the track: Brrr!

It was pretty cold out when I got to the track today! 
The temperature read 58*F (14.4*C)!
I didn't realize the temp dropped last night. I was only in a pair of shorts and an Under Armour Tee, so my 2.25mile warm-up felt a little chilly! When Coach saw what I was wearing, he told me that I should be wearing something on my legs to warm-up in. Apparently, when the temperature gets this low, you should wear warm-up pants over your shorts to warm-up your legs, and avoid injury. Before the track work out starts, you can then take off the warm-up pants.
Then Coach said, "C'mon, let's go. Four 100's".
It was pretty windy ...I'll blame it on that ...'cause I felt a little slow on those four strides. My legs felt heavy. I think, it was the lunges and squats I did on Monday ... maybe my legs just didn't fully recover, yet?

After the strides, Coach had me run 3/4 of a mile with a 1/4mile jog. This was followed with a short stretch-rest, a 200meter stride and a 200meter jog. I repeated this four times. I had to keep my "elusive" 1/2 marathon goal pace of 7min20sec/mile, which was a piece of cake after those strides against the wind! All in all, though, it was a pretty challenging track work out.
I finished with 1.25mile warm-down run.
During this warm-down run, I just couldn't get over how many leaves were already on the ground.
Between the cool weather, the leaves starting to change color & fall to the ground, it's already starting to feel and look like Fall. It's crazy too - the grocery stores are already selling pumpkins!
Time seems to be whizzing by. 
Like this past weekend ...I can't believe we celebrated Girlfriend's turning 18!
WOW!
Girlfriend
I swear, she was just a baby last week!
Just,
WOW!
TRAIN SMART TODAY!
Post a Comment