Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Love the track!

Not a bad day at the track considering that I only had 3&1/2hours of sleep last night!
Yup, up late again, trying to complete another report! Lots of work this semester - for only two classes. I thought about sleeping an extra hour, but when the alarm went off, I just couldn't go back to sleep. At 5:30AM, I made my way to the gym for some strength training. Today, I was in the mood for some Monster Walks ...hey, it's coming on Halloween ...
Trust me, I do not look this happy when I'm doing these!
I love monster walks - they are such a great all around glute, hammy, quad and abductor work out! Next, I entertained myself with 10minutes of stair climbing, 100 leg extensions, some kettle bell shoulder press, dumbbell press, back flies and tricep push backs ...oh yeah, and something even more fun than Monster walks ...
7 consecutive minutes of planks (side & prone pos'n.) and sit-ups!
And then, the icing on the cake: 
Running!

Today, I warmed up with a slow1.25miles. Then, I followed that up with six 100meter sprints to wake up my legs. I didn't push too hard on the sprints - partly because I was literally running on little sleep, but also because I don't want to re-injure my knee. 

When it came time for my workout, Coach went easy on me: four sets of 1200meters,  with a 100meter recovery jog and a 100meter recovery walk. Goal pace 7:20min mile, which I felt was a little easy, so I pushed it out a bit and kept up a 7:10min mile pace.

I finished up with a 1.25miles warm-down, lots of stretches ...and, OMG, look at the time ...home, eat, shower and off to school!

What's your favorite workout or strength training exercise?

TRAIN SMART TODAY!


Post a Comment