Friday, December 14, 2012

Most grueling splits, ever!

It's been a long week! 
My training in the gym has been suffering a bit, lately. I can't wait until I finish this last exam on Monday and presentation on Tuesday - I think (hope) I will get back to a better gym routine.
Still, just out-a sorts pushing for the end of the semester.
It's not that the running hasn't been going fine. Well, I missed my long run this week, but maybe it's for the best since my left leg (hammie/but) has been really sore, again, but other than that, I have been running consistently. I even went to the track and trained with Coach on Wednesday. My "fans" left me alone this week! At the track, I ran my 1.5mile warm up and four strides and then ....
The most incredibly difficult splits, I've ever done. 
(I think that's what did my left hammy & but in)
I ran, fast, like a stride, for 200meters. Then, I jogged for 100meters. I repeated this three more times for a total of two times around the track. Next, I rested for two minutes - which was the most glorious two minutes. Then, I had to repeat this torture five more times!
By the time I ran my 1.5mile cool down, my legs were numb, and I was exhausted! This had to be one of the toughest track workouts, ever!
I do not look forward to a four hour drive to Boston tonight with girlfriend.
Girlfriend has an audition at Berklee College of Music, tomorrow at 10AM! Very exciting stuff!
Girlfriend singing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the NY Mets game 9/11/2012
Train Smart Today!







Post a Comment