Saturday, April 13, 2013

OMG! How Cool Is This?

I was in Boston today.
Girlfriend is attending Berklee College of Music in the Fall,
and today they held a Meet and Greet Welcome Event.
I follow Kara Goucher and Shalane Flanagan on Twitter, so, of course I checked in to see if they Tweeted anything about Boston. Sure enough, Kara Tweeted that she would be by the Nissan Booth signing autographs. So where do you think I headed after that Meet & Greet?
Absolutely!
We were off to the Boston Marathon Expo.! The expo is huge! We walked around, and around, and around. My kids were getting hungry, they were starting to get on each other's nerves. Of course, I turned a blind eye to their whining. I was in running heaven. I could have stopped at every booth, and touched every running item being displayed, marketed, promoted, and sold. Talk about a kid in a candy store - Chubsy Ubsy from Our Gang had nothing on me!
And then, Side-Kick pointed and said, 
"There's the Nissan Booth"
Oh my gosh!
There she was!
But wait, it wasn't just Kara.
Shalane was there, too!
Two of my favorite, 
and two very awesome and incredible athletes,
simply standing there,
right in front of me:
Kara and Shalane signing autographs!
I actually got teary eyed!
And so, I ask you: How cool is this?

Train Smart Today!
Post a Comment