Friday, December 27, 2013

Setting Goals for 2014!

It's that time of year when we can look back and say, "Wow, I can't believe another year is over!" Each year seems to go by faster and faster. It reminds me of that Andy Rooney saying,
"Life is like a roll of toilet paper. 
The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!"

Like every year - 2013 was packed with its ups and downs. As far as running, it was a tough year. I battled through hamstring pain, opting not to do PRP (plasma rich protein), but instead to use:
Food and supplements to fight inflammation, 
TPTherapy Total Body Kit and Foam Roller for myofascia release,
Stretching to maintain flexibility,
and exercises from 
Going forward into 2014, I'm not setting resolutions. Resolutions are meant to be broken. Goals are different. I like using the S.M.A.R.T. Goals outline: Goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-targeted. There's a sense of planned determination with goals versus resolutions. And going into 2014, I'm sticking to the above plan for continued healing of my left hamstring, and strengthening my glutes - I want a tight arse! 
Strong glutes --> Happy runner!
And what's wrong with wanting
 glutes (and body) like Allyson Felix?
My running goals for 2014 include:
Five more half marathons (already set for DC in March)!
My goal for these halves are the same - 
shoot for top 10 in my age group! 
Run some shorter races - some local 5K's and 10 K's
and get my times down.
AND,
My Ultimate Running Goal for 2014 is (trumpets, please)
The NYC Marathon! 
This will be my first marathon. I will be in a new age bracket in November, and this goal is something I have dreamed about doing for when I turn the big Five-Oh! I am very excited!

Other 2014 goals include:
Support my daughter as she finishes her 1st year of college,
Cheer on side-kick's daughter as she graduates from college,
Help my son apply and get into college,
Assert my patent, develop a working model, 
and market it in rehab settings,
Finish my RD internship, take and pass the exam, 
and finally, finally, finally become a 
Registered Dietitian!

What are some of your 2014 goals?
Do you set running goals? Life goals?

Train Smart Today!
Post a Comment