Thursday, October 13, 2011

Terri Roemer Paramus 10K Run

It's Pumpkin Weather in New Jersey!

And I just signed up for the Terri Roemer Paramus Run10K on October 16th. I couldn't find a half marathon that made sense with my insane schedule and my coach said I needed to run at least one race in October. Of course, I do - this is the absolute best weather to run in...Pumpkin Weather!

In the Spring, I had Cherry Blossoms

The last 10K I ran was in April - I ran in the Newark Cherry Blossom Race; It is always such a beautiful race. My pace was 7:35'/mile, but this Sunday, my goal pace is 7:25'/mile. Hopefully, I will come in the top 10 in my age group - there are some pretty fast ladies out there!

Today, I started to scale back a bit - I only ran 3miles at an average 8:30'pace with faster times for eight 200meter intervals at 41seconds for a total of 1.5miles. Friday, I will only run 4 miles.

Aaaagh - It's hard to scale back mileage on these cool NJ October days - the weather is so cooperative - the temperature is about 55-65*F and the humidity drops - it is perfect running weather! It's also so great for the hair - less frizz!
These are not fake!
This Sunday's Terri Roemer Paramus Run should be fun - this will be the 33rd year for this run! I did not plan that - I signed up for the run first, and then read the details! Yup, my late husband, John, is always with me - every time I see a 3, 33 or 333 - I think of John. So when something like a '33' pops up  - it's a great reminder that he is always around!


Got my sights on the 33rd Annual 10K!

Train Smart Today!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful info, sweetie! Keep it up! Almost forgot, why don't you make this site a bit more social.


Jen Brown
pizza dominos coupons