Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Chicago Marathon

I signed up as a time qualifier for the Chicago Marathon!
So excited!
And so the count down to October 11, 2015 begins!

Other than that, I am looking to run a half in April. I'm looking at 
Ohio  - but Side-kick says too cold still!
North Carolina - but I'd hafta run on dirt and you all know how I love pavement!
Nevada - Side-kick loves Vegas, but I haven't presented him with this one yet!

Today I train with my Coach for the first time in two months!
It's been an awful winter here in New Jersey! I'm always cold - so even though it got pretty monotonous running on my treadmill for the last two months, running 10 miles in 9*F weather actually seemed worse.

Even my dog refused to get up and 
go out into the cold every morning!
C'mon Jiggy!
But last few days, it actually hit 40*F!
The snow is finally melting, 
and I'm off to the track!
WooHoo!

Train Smart Today!

4 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Getting back at it with a coach and having a race to look forward to will be good motivators even if you end up on the treadmill a couple more times this season!

Black Knight said...

Running on the track again is a "coming back to life".
Enjoy the spring and good luck on the training for the marathon.

Char said...

I can feel the joy at being able to run outside again. Nearly every blog that I've read in the last week has a little bit of this in it. Spring is on its way - finally! And for me I'm hoping that we get a taste of Autumn soon. Summer has been way too long.

Giorgio said...

Great News! I will be following your training for the Chicago Marathon through your blog!
In the meanwhile, you'll run a half-marathon in April: I'm curious to know your training program for that race?